Saturday, November 2, 2013

Purpose

When I started this blog I wanted it to be adorable. I wanted it to have a zillion followers, I wanted recipes on it, I wanted fashion on it, I wanted crafts on it, and lets be honest...I wanted to be pinned. I tried that out for a while. I made desserts, I took pictures of outfits, and I made crafts. Since then I have realized that's not really what I want this blog to be.

Don't get me wrong, I love baking. For realz...it's one of those things I do for me. I do it to relax and I genuinely enjoy it. But I don't bake that often, especially up at school. And I realized that I don't love to dress up or at least taking pictures of it for a blog. I felt like I was trying too hard. And finally, while yes I sure do like crafting and sewing, it's another thing that I don't really loove to do. It's not something that if I have 30 minutes I'm going to go sew a skirt. (I would probably just end up watching Netflix if I'm being honest here...) Yes those are thing I enjoy doing, but those aren't things I want to blog about. I'm not that passionate about those things.

Do I really know what this blog is exactly? No. It's just some thoughts for me. It's a place for me to record and remember things. It's a place for me to share quotes that I love with people I love. We'll see what this ends up being. And that is okay. It's an adventure. It's a journey.

It's changed soo much over the almost 3 years I've had it. And is it going to continue to change? Yes! And that's okay. I have spent hours thinking up different blog names and designs for this silly thing throughout the years. And just now am I realizing that I love the name I decided on. I was reminded to keep looking up. I remembered the wisdom and comfort I gained from reading the talk "It Is Better to Look Up" by Carl B. Cook. I always feel empowered from that talk.

I challenge you to read the talk and set a goal for yourself to keep looking up.
post signature