Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My little tradition

This Thanksgiving video gets me every year. It's my little tradition to watch it around Thanksgiving time and just remember all of the little and big things I'm thankful for.



Thanksgiving is a time to be grateful, but also a time to serve.
It also marks the beginning of a wonderful holiday season! Think about it... In November we focus on gratitude. December we focus on Christ's birth (and soo much more!). January we self-reflect and set goals for the future. We try to better ourselves and become more Christlike. February is all about love. I like to think of it more as loving one another, loving our neighbors, friends, and family.

In all of those things, I'm reminded to serve. I'm reminded of the selfless life Jesus Christ led, and all that he did for others. I'm inspired to notice peoples needs and do what I can to fill them. I want to try a little harder, to be a little better!

So lets remember those things this holiday season, it's just barely getting started. It still has months to go and we need to serve each other continually. It brings happiness to everyone, yourself included.

What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
post signature