Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy lists

This weekend was a great weekend. I learned about happy lists. Happy lists are lists of things that make you happy, things you're grateful for, etc. It's a way to focus of the positive in life.

I've been trying to make happy lists all my life, without even knowing it! And I think November is a great time to make a happy list (ya know...gratitude, Thanksgiving and all!). It helps to put things in perspective for me. It reminds me of what is truly important. And it makes me remember all of the wonderful blessings I have in my life.

Tender mercies are at the top of my happy list. They remind me that the Lord knows what I am going through. I have really worked to recognize the little things that help me feel my Heavenly Father's love each day. Tender mercies are those little things that give me a way I can remember the Lord and remember that he knows who I am.



"The Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ." -David A. Bednar

Elder Bednar's talk "The Tender Mercies of the Lord" teaches us to invite and recognize the Lord's tender mercies in our lives. There are daily blessings in our lives. The Lord wants us to know each day that he knows what we are going through. He truly understands it, and more so than any other person.
post signature