Sunday, November 17, 2013

Happy happy happy

How y'all feeling today? But seriously, I hope y'all are happy happy happy! Just like my good friend Phil Robertson says...



Today I am happy happy happy. Wanna know why? Good, I'm going to tell you! (If you don't what to know...then that's all cool, just close this and be happy happy happy because you saw that awesome 14 second video.) I'm happy because today I felt my Savior's love! I felt it soo much and it was amazing. I have been focusing on feeling His love for me each day and recognizing it more. And it's been awesome. It makes me happy happy happy! (Okay, I've gotta stop saying that...)

But in all seriousness, I am so happy. I know that my Savior loves me! He loves each of us. How can you not be happy when you know that? I haven't been all that happy lately, but I had to relearn and remember that the Lord knows who I am and that I am a daughter of God and that he loves me. And now I just want to sing this song all the day long:
I feel my Savior's love
In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul
Through ev'rything I see.
I feel my Savior's love;
Its gentleness enfolds me...
I feel my Savior's love
And know that he will bless me...
I'll share my Savior's love
By serving others freely.
Each day I can reflect and notice things that show how the Savior loves me. Today I was able to feel that love and it made today best! I am so grateful that I am able to feel my Savior's love.

But I think there is so much more to being grateful than just saying thanks. By showing that we're grateful for things and actually doing something to help others, we get so much more out of life. We can show our gratitude to the Savior through our actions and through serving others.

I'm going to try more to serve those around me and become more aware of their needs. I'm not always the best at that (hello, I'm a 20 year old college student who pretty much focuses on herself like 99% of the time), but it's something I can work on!

Soooo if you have any awesome ways you have helped people around you, even little things, let me know. I would love to hear your stories. They're inspiring :)

If you want some awesome service quotes, videos, etc...check out my work's Facebook page. I help plan BYU Women's Conference and this month we've been focusing on service. It's been just what I needed!
Read the rest of the lyrics here.
Hear the song here.

post signature