Friday, November 1, 2013

A rule for myself: try

Life is full of ups and downs. Some days are going to be better than others. That's the "nature of the beast." But we are able to determine our attitudes about things. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the crying session every once in a while, despite my hatred for crying. Sometimes you just need to. But overall, I think it is so important for me to choose to have a good attitude.

That is something my parents always told me. If I was having a bad time at an activity or something, they directed my to change my attitude. Nobody could make me have a bad time. Or like when I would fight with my brother, I would say "he makes me so mad!" But the truth is, he wasn't making me mad. I let what he ias doing bother me. It's up to me to decide how I feel.



I love this quote. Because, let's be honest, we all want to give up sometimes. We stop believing. We get discouraged. But we need to remember to keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. And not to get discouraged. So much easier said than done... But it is possible.

I have a rule for myself: 
I can't complain about my circumstances if I'm not trying, or haven't tried to change them.

For example, if I don't have anything to do on a Friday night, I don't let myself complain about it if I haven't asked anyone to do something. That way, I'm trying to make myself happy. And chances are if you try something, anything, in one way or another it will work out. It might not turn out how you expected, but putting some effort in always brings some result.
post signature
Quote print found here. Isn't it gorgeous?