Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A tribute to the fourth

My Fourth of July was a fun one and a little different than I originally expected. I started the day at the Provo City Parade/Freedom Festival with some friends. That was really fun. I haven't been to an actual parade in a long time. Then we hit up the swimming pool, which is always a favorite of mine.



But my favorite thing I did all day was help my brother and volunteer at Stadium of Fire. He volunteers for a rape crisis clinic/call center (I look up to him so much). And they were doing a fundraiser by selling drinks at Stadium of Fire. At first I was not looking forward to it. I was HOT and wearing a shirt 4 sizes too big. Yay. Just how every college student wants to spend their fourth, right? No. Was tired of walking up and down those stairs in the heat? Yes, but it was a great experience. My brother Brett and I were partners "hawking" drinks. So we got to talk and hang out for 5 hours, which provided some awesome bonding time. He and his roommate Justin had such great attitudes about it all, so it was hard to stay annoyed, and we ended up having a great time.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to do some service on such an important day in our country's history. So many people in this world have suffered, served, and given up things for me to be able to live here today. I am grateful for the freedoms that so many have fought for, so that I can live my life how I want to. I am grateful to be an American.
post signature
PS... I rocked that XXL stained yellow polo. How's that for an outfit post!? Hahahhahaha.