Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oh what do you do in the summertime?

It's been a pretty fun summer so far. Here are some of the fun things I've accomplished. Coming from the better things to do than drugs list!
  • #4 -- I've been reading a lot, check out my Goodreads page to see specifically what I'm reading and what I think about each book. I just started "I am Number Four," and so far I'm really liking it!
  • #5 -- My roommates and I had a game night. We played lots of Uno and Phase 10!
  • #8 -- At a church activity a few weeks ago we all played frisbee and volleyball. Plus I've played frisbee several other times too..it's been awesome.
  • #9 -- I am allowed to listen to music at work. So when I'm having a rough day or just need a little pick me up or some energy I just plug it and it works like a charm. Lately I've been jamming to Next to Me (I don't watch the music videos, but the song is just up beat and gets stuck in my head often :/ which is actually a bummer.)
  • #11 -- Life as a college kiddo includes lots of easy, fast meals. But I have an aunt who lives pretty close by and she always offers me Sunday dinner. And oh baby, she's a great cook! I love going to their house. Great company, great food. 
  • #13 -- I went to the Thanksgiving Point Tulip festival a while ago and man it smelt great!
  • #14 -- I went to my friends birthday party and we all drew pictures for her (she's an artist so it was something we all did for her, so fun!)
  • #21 -- The first week of summer, some friends and I had "Sunset Club" where we all drove up onto the mountains and watched the sunset. It was so much fun! Check the instagram pics out here and here. It was kinda, totally gorgeous!
  • #25 -- My brother Brett is a great writer and for mother's day he wrote our mom a poem. I love reading his poetry. Sometimes it's too deep for me to understand (he is soooo smart!), but I love reading his stuff. It's pretty awesome.
  • #30 -- At work I threw a party. CHOCOLATE DAY! 
  • #32 -- On Memorial Day two friends and I went to sing at one of their grandpa's grave. We sang his favorite hymn, "Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy."
  • #39 -- I have a puzzle buddy. We get our puzzle on! We finished one (and here too) and just started another.. 
  • #46 -- Last weekend I went up to Boise, ID and went boating with some friends. Anyways, we grilled some hot dogs and hamburgers and had a grand ol' time. But it wasn't complete without lemonade!!
  • #58 -- A buddy and I went to the park the other day because it was so dang gorgeous outside and swung. Oh my goodness....I LOVE SWINGS. The end. 
  • #62 -- My roommate and I did cartwheels at a church activity at the park!
  • #65 -- I went swimming a few weeks ago and there was a water basketball hoop, so I'm counting that! It was so fun to be in the water and play around with friends. I LOVE SUMMER!
  • #66 -- My parents came in town at the very beginning of summer. I love my parents. They're pretty darn amazing.
  • #70 -- I went to my Bishop's house a while ago and got to play around on their piano. I hadn't touched a piano in over 6 months. Oh man, I was rusty but it felt so good! 
  • #71 -- A date that I went on a few weeks ago we fished! My first time ever. Well, we didn't really fish for very long or actually catch anything...but we cast it out a few times and then went on a walk. I'm still counting it!


I can't really think of specific examples for these few... but they've happened many-a-time!
  • #1 get together with friends.
  • #2 watch a happy video. (youtube, need I say more??)
  • #6 do an activity.
  • #7 enjoy a hobby.
  • #17 smile! 
  • #18 make someone smile. 
  • #27 do a favor. 
  • #33 give a hug. 
  • #34 get a hug. 
  • #35 talk to friends.
  • #41 help a friend in need.
  • #49 exercise.
  • #59 eat ice cream. 
  • #77 think happy thoughts. 
  • #80 write to friends.
post signature