Friday, May 17, 2013

Homemade pancakes

So for chocolate day I made everyone in the office chocolate chip pancakes! And got a million compliments, so I wanted to share the awesome recipe with y'all.

It's one of the only two recipes (the other one is a small batch of pancakes for two people--I'll share later) for pancakes I'll use. My roommates and I used to make pancakes after our early morning temple trip each week and this became our favorite recipe (we tried soo many).

Check out my pancake making in action:

Yeah, that happened. Just making some pancakes in our cubicles. SO COOL.

HOMEMADE PANCAKES: (because you can really do that)
Recipe originally found here.

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt (i actually left this out, on accident, and they were totally delicious...)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons melted butter

Directions
Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt (if you choose to use it..ha!). In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of milk. Spoon the flour mixture in, stirring until smooth. Mix in the melted butter. If the batter seems too think, add a little more milk (I always have to add a little pour or two). Cook on a hot, greased pan/griddle. Cook until bubble, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom. Flip and brown the other side. Serves 4-5 people.

For chocolate chip pancakes: You'll need...well as many chocolate chips as you would like! I used about a cup, but I also doubled the recipe. So it doesn't take too many. I like to just add them to each individual pancake as I pour them on the pan/griddle. It's a little more work (hardly at all), but that way the chocolate chips don't sink to the bottom of the batter. So each and every pancake gets plenty of chocolate chips!!

Serve with PEANUT BUTTER and a tiny bit of syrup (my favorite pancake topping!), or whatever you prefer.
post signature
Linking up to: Addicted to Recipes