Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sabbath day thoughts

In my New Testament class, which I love, we read Romans 5:3-5 and discussed what we can do during tribulation. We have the choice to be patient, or impatient. To experience and be softened, or to be ignorant and hardened. To have hope, or fear and despair. We need to take the difficult things and have more hope in the Savior.

We then discussed Christ’s role. He has taken on the role of Savior; literally to save each one of us. Because we each fall short in this life, God provided us with a Savior. We need to make him our Savior, not just the Savior. In doing this, we need to fulfill our role, which is to come unto Him and let Him save us. We must have faith, repent, be baptized, and covenant with our Heavenly Father.

There are many steps that we can take to become closer to and become like our Savior Jesus Christ. Elder David A. Bednar talked about them tonight in a CES Devotional (which was hosted in my home stake, cool right!). We can feel, learn, know, do, and become. He said we can feel what we need to feel, so that we may learn what we need to learn. By doing that we can know what we need to know in order to do what we need to do. By doing this, we can become who the Lord wants us to become. We can become more like our Savior.

I know that by accepting Christ, by enduring trials, and becoming more like Christ I can have the Spirit with me. I can feel the Lord’s hand in my everyday life. I know that I am important to him. I know that I matter. And you do too.



post signature