Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ft. Worth visits

Over Christmas break my family and I went to several bomb awesome places in my favorite city of Ft. Worth. So if you're ever over there here are some places that I've recently discovered that y'all should definitely hit up.

THE FORT WORTH FOOD TRUCK PARK

Sadly I forgot to get pictures of the actual food, but oh man. It was awesome. They had plenty of trucks to choose from. Here were two of our favorites:
The Butcher's Sons had these amazing sliders! Our favorites were Southern Hospitality (fried chicken, white gravy, and mashed potatoes on a roll) and Mac-N-Beefy (mac-n-cheese, bbq sauce, and pulled pork on a roll). They also had some great tater tots with all sorts of toppings. We got Voodoo tots (tots with curry and meat and junk) and man, they were delish.
Then we hit up Red Jett Sweets for some cupcakes. They were on Food Network's Cupcake Wars and seriously, one of the best cupcakes I've ever had (if not the best!). Sooo good. The Coconut was my favorite, and I don't even like coconut!




THE BEER CAN MAN

Just around the corner from the Food Park was the Beer Can Man! This is his actual house. He just started stringing up all these cans years ago, but then the city made him take it all down. So then he started again, and the city was okay with it then. Some of them are cut into little lanters..it's pretty intense. I love Fort Worth locals!
Me and Brett, my bro. Then me and the Beer Can Man. A shot of the whole place.


post signature