Sunday, November 11, 2012

Days of gratitude: eleven

Today I fell back into a bit of nostalgia and looked at some of my old journals.


I love journaling and writing about what is going on in my life at that moment, then a while later looking back and seeing what I thought was important enough to write down and then combine that with how I remember it now.


I was flipping through the ones from last year (my freshman year of college) and last summer. It was fun to remember those good times and even the hard ones. They are the moments that have made me who I am today!

I also love looking at how my style of journaling has evolved and changed throughout time. Like I used to write sloppily and just jot everything down as fast as possible, then I went through a phase where I would only write on the right/front side of the page, the left/back side was strictly for quotes to be highlighted or pictures or things I wanted to stick into my journal. Sometimes it's more like a scrapbook, other times I will just write and write until no end. No matter what I write or how I write it, all that matters is that I write it. Cliche, yet so dang true.

Remembering those hard times helps me remember the things I have gone through and that I can make it through whatever may come my way. Heavenly Father is there for me. I am never alone. I am never forgotten.

So anyways... Journals are the bomb. Seriously. I love them!!

post signature