Monday, October 29, 2012

Dress to skirt

This weekend I was crafty...I made a skirt! My cousin Christina and I went to DownEast Basics and they were having a sale, sooo I got this dress for $10. I just loved the pattern and the exposed zipper in the back!



Ignore my oh so cute faces, I had to concentrate really hard on making sure I got pictures of it so I wasn't thinking about what faces I was making...hah!

You probably can't tell from the pictures how ill fitting it was up top, but something had to be done about it. Then I realized that I could probably make this a skirt. So I did it! And I love how it turned out.



Soo all I did was cut the top off (making sure that I had the zipper pull on the part I was keeping), leaving about 3/4 an inch. First I took care of the zipper, making sure it wouldn't come right off. I folded the zipper down inside and hand stitched that, then sewed the rest folded down inside so I had a nice band. I love how it turned out!

Here's the top band by the zipper in the back after I had cut off the top, before sewing.



So proud of myself!! Thanks to my dear momma for teaching me how to sew! :)

Linking up to Destination Craft and MMB and Vintage Wanna Bee!

post signature