Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday Treats

I don't know about your family, but mine always made some sort of treat (usually a cookie of some sort) every Sunday!!

So since, I'm back home in my dear state of Texas, it's only fitting that I made a treat this wonderful Sunday.

Have I mentioned....I LOVE SUNDAYS!

To me, Sunday means going to church, focusing on Christ, studying the scriptures, good ole fashion family time, journal writing, family dinner, and top it off with a treat!

Today, Mom requested snickerdoodles, therefore snickerdoodles I made! I decided to be a little adventurous and use a different recipe than we usually use...off to Pinterest I went. Here is the recipe I used! My baking times differed from the ones listed, but I really liked their recipe.




















Snickerdoodles:
Recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff

ONE
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

TWO
Mix thoroughly:
1/2 cup margarine (I just used butter!)
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs

THREE
Mix in:
3 cups flour (one at a time works best)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

FOUR
Chill dough for about 30 minutes.

FIVE
Roll into balls. In a separate bowl, mix 2 Tbsp sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon (to taste). Roll dough balls in cinnamon sugar. Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

SIX
Bake 8-10 minutes until lightly browned, but still soft. (Recipe says 7-9, but I did a full 10).
Made 2 1/2 dozen for me!

Linked up at Destination Craft! and Vintage Wanna Bee: Talent Tuesday! and Alli N' Son's: Sweet Tooth Friday!

post signature