Monday, June 4, 2012

Makin' it Monday!

First off, it should be known that pumpkin is not just for fall/winter. Why should foods be restricted to seasons?? Yes, I am one of those people who will drink hot chocolate in August, I will also watch Christmas movies in March (or any month really), and make summery popsicles all year round. Now for the rest of the story...




To keep myself free and clear from the "Monday blues" I decided to make some fun stuff!!

So after I got home from work, ate dinner, and helped my mother out (she's leaving for girl's camp tomorrow!!) I searched Pinterest for some sort of pumpkin chocolate chip recipe, because oh baby have I been craving pumpkin!

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!!!! Yes, I know that its summer, but pumpkin is just sooo good to only eat part of the year (just like stuffing! Why only eat it once a year?!? But that's a debate for another time). I used a recipe from the Idea Room because I wasn't sure if I had Pumpkin Pie Spice, and most recipes call for it, but this one didn't! And let me tell you...THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!! Also, it made way more muffins than the recipe said. So that meant even more yummy pumpkin chocolate chip goodness!




















And they're sooo pretty!
It was a very quick and easy recipe. That produced extremely tasty results.

Pumpkin Muffins (or bread!)
*recipe from The Fresh Loaf via The Idea Room
Makes approximately 18 muffins

1 3/4 cup (1 15 oz. can) pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3 eggs
3-4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups chopped walnuts or chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, butter and eggs together until creamy. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (except walnuts or chocolate chips). Add 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then add as much of the 4th cup as necessary to achieve the proper consistency (moist, but thick enough to stand a spoon in). Add the walnuts or chocolate chips and stir in.

Pour or spoon the batter into greased muffin tins or bread pans. Bake on the center rack at 350 until a toothpick poked into the center comes out dry. At sea level, muffins should take between 20 and 25 minutes to bake, small loaves between 25 and 30 minutes, and full sized loaves between 50 minutes and 1 hour.

For me the mini muffins took 17 minutes and the muffins took 27 minutes. They were delicious!!




So, funny story. After I took them out of the oven and put them on the cooling rack my parents and I went to get milk. When we came home I noticed a muffin tin on the floor, then realized that an entire row of muffins were missing! Penny, our dog, ate SEVEN MUFFINS! Hahaha I guess they were a hit... :)

Dad staked claim of the rest to take to work, so far my baking has been a success!! Woot woot!

Linked to Destination Craft: Cutesy Monday! and Vintage Wanna Bee: Talent Tuesday! and Yummy Inspirations: Breakfast Ideas Monday! and Addicted to Recipes: Scrumptious Sundays! and Alli N' Son's: Sweet Tooth Friday!
post signature